- About Us
- Scout Hut Community Center
- Library and Museum
- Medical Facilities
- Recent News
- Safety Matters
- Public Safety
- Town Hall
- Code Compliance
- Municipal Court
- Human Resources
- Elected Officials
- Public Meeting & Minutes
- Open Records
- Purchasing and Bids
- Payment Options
- Building Permits & Inspections
- Town Departments
- Animal Services
- Emergency Services
- Public Utilities
- Common Questions
- New Resident Resources
- Frequently Called Numbers
- Contact Us
No Burn Notice: Town of McBee - January 03, 2018
The Town of McBee has issued a "No Burning" notice for the month of January. Due to the dry cond... [more...]
Thefts from Vehicles
Thefts from vehicles normally involve the removal of items that are left in plain view, and it takes the thief only a few seconds to commit the crime.
The number of thefts from vehicles in our town could be significantly decreased if owners would simply remove valuable items from their vehicles. These items include GPS devices, phones / iPods, laptop computers, music discs, purses, tools, etc.
You can decrease the chances that you will become a victim of this crime by following these suggestions:
- Do not leave valuables in your vehicle, particularly in plain view.
- Never leave your car running and unattended.
- Take your keys out of your vehicle and lock your vehicle.
- Park in well-lit areas.
- Completely close the vehicle windows when parking.
- Whenever possible, park your vehicle in your home garage and close/lock your garage door.
- Consider purchasing an audible alarm system, particularly if you have installed an expensive after-market stereo system.
- Remove detachable stereos and face plates when leaving your vehicle unattended.