- About Us
- Scout Hut Community Center
- Library and Museum
- Medical Facilities
- Recent News
- Safety Matters
- Public Safety
- Town Hall
- Code Compliance
- Municipal Court
- Human Resources
- Elected Officials
- Public Meeting & Minutes
- Open Records
- Purchasing and Bids
- Payment Options
- Building Permits & Inspections
- Town Departments
- Animal Services
- Emergency Services
- Public Utilities
- Common Questions
- New Resident Resources
- Frequently Called Numbers
- Contact Us
Town of McBee: An Equal Opportunity Employer
The Town of McBee is an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers competitive benefits and salaries. Selections for employment will be made on the basis of applicants' qualifications for the job. All employees will be treated equitably in regard to compensation, training, and promotional opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or age. Persons with disabilities will be given equal consideration in all matters involving employment to the extent their disabilities do not prevent them from performing the essential functions of their position. The Town of McBee will reasonably accommodate any employee to the degree it does not compromise their safety and health and the health of others.
How to Become a Town of McBee Police Officer
Anyone interested in a career with the Town of McBee Police Department must complete a Town of McBee Employment Application for the Police Department. Applications are processed by the Town of McBee Administrator and should be delivered to the address below:
McBee Police Department
PO Box 177
McBee, SC 29101
Requirements for Employment
Requirements and procedures have been established by the South Carolina Criminal Justice Academy and the McBee Police Department.
The following is a general progression of the application process and will indicate where a candidate is in the hiring process:
- Submit application in entirety with any supplements. (Do not submit certificates at this time)
- Pre-screening of applications for disqualifying offenses or conduct.
- Administrator Interview.
- Command staff review.
- Comprehensive background investigation (2-4 weeks).
- Extension of conditional offer for qualified applicants.
- Drug screen.
- Final employment offer and command interview.
- Firearms qualification and Criminal Justice Standards submission for certification.
- Swearing in.
- Commencement of field training.
Training & Experience
All applicants must be a high school graduate or have successfully completed a General Education Development (GED) program; however, applicants with university or college degrees are highly desired.
All applicants must possess a valid law enforcement certification from the South Carolina Justice Academy in order to be considered for employment.
- Paid vacation / sick leave
- Nine (9) annual paid holidays
- Worker's compensation
- Employer retirement contribution
- Medical / Dental Insurance
- Paid life insurance
Obtaining an Employment Application
Employment Applications may be obtained online or at the Town of McBee Town Hall located at 38 W. Juniper Ave., McBee, SC 29101.